Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Proof that no ranking boost for responsive sites exists in 2017
Aug 25, 2017 by Bryson Meunier
There are many good reasons to recommend responsive design to a client or to your company, but achieving better search results isn’t among them, argues columnist Bryson Meunier.
- 5 non-traditional skills to look for in a PPC account manager
Aug 25, 2017 by Todd Saunders
- Influencers vs. thought leaders and the rise of image analytics
Aug 25, 2017 by Will McInnes
Influencers and thought leaders aren’t one and the same. Contributor Will McInnes takes a look at how they’ve diverged and why it means marketers today need visual analytics to help measure their brand’s impact on the social web.
- Why emotion is crucial to create brand advocates — and what you can do about it
Aug 25, 2017 by Jim Dicso
How do you build loyal brand advocates? Contributor Jim Dicso says it’s all about stepping up your customer experience efforts to give your brand a competitive advantage.
- Spotify’s VP of Growth: CRM is much more than off-the-shelf software
Aug 25, 2017 by Barry Levine
For Mayur Gupta, everything a digitally based brand does revolves around understanding what the customer needs, and when.
- Forrester Wave: Social ad tech tools are still an ‘immature’ category
Aug 25, 2017 by Barry Levine
The research firm expects social management vendors, DSPs and marketing clouds will build their own or buy many of the standalone providers.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
- Facebook removes 1 million accounts every day, security chief says, CNBC
- Amazon brings its cash deposit service for the underbanked to the UK, TechCrunch
- Google Begins Biggest Crackdown on Extremist YouTube Videos, Bloomberg
- 7 Tips + Tools for Efficient Remote Content Teams, Content Marketing Institute
- The Future of Content Marketing Isn’t Content Marketing, Contently
- The Ultimate Guide To Content Aggregators (The Good, The Bad and The Ugly), Jeff Bullas
- 4th Quarter Strategies for Selling More on eBay This Holiday, Marketing Words Blog
- 75% of omnishoppers search in-store, buy online, Retail Dive
- How to Implement AMP for E-Commerce, Search Engine Journal
General Internet Marketing
- ‘They’re constantly shilling for someone’: Brands share their biggest challenges when working with influencers, Digiday
- Business Blogging: A Guide to Killing – or Saving – Your Corporate Blog, MarketingProfs
- The Voice Playbook – Building a Marketing Plan for the Next Era in Computing, Moz
Internet Marketing Industry
- Global Influencer Marketing Pioneer, Open Influence, Expands Core Offerings with Launch of its OpenWorks Platform, PR Newswire
- Personalization of Audio: Shorter Audio Ads, Pandora For Brands
- Retail Intelligence and Tech Innovator Crealytics Taps Veteran Industry Strategist Tom Zambrotta to Lead Global Growth, Market Wired
- 3 Ways to Get More Out of Your Collaboration Tools, CMS Wire
- How AI Will Introduce New Ad Units Into VR And AR Environments, AdExchanger
- The Ad Tech Do-Over: What Will You Do Differently With In-App Header Bidding?, AdExchanger
- AMP – Should You Make the Jump?, 3Q Digital
- Been There, Done That: Are marketers neglecting the mobile app experience?, MarketingSherpa Blog
- How The Meet Group battles header bidding’s mobile app problem, Digiday
- Snapchat warms up to social stars, extending verified accounts to influencers, Digiday
- Summertime Strategies for Social Advertisers, MarTech Advisor
- Three Common Social Media Influencer Mistakes to Avoid, MarketingProfs
- A Brief History Of Video Ad Tech M&A – And The Future Of Pure Plays, AdExchanger
- How live video is evolving, in 4 charts, Digiday
- Is AR/VR finally set to make headway in digital media marketing?, Mobile Marketer