What metrics are EMEA email marketers using to measure their campaign performance?
Following on from the launch of the "Wowing with Contextual Email Marketing" – Email Personalisation report yesterday, I found it interesting how marketers measure the success of their email marketing activities. No matter what type of dynamic content, contextual personalization or segmentation used, the metrics used are largely the same.
Most marketers use the basic metrics to measure success
- 78% of marketers are using Open Rates and Click-Through Rate
- 58% are using conversion rate
- 1 in 3 are using "sales value per 1000 emails"
- Every other metric is used by less than 29% of email marketers
The report also includes:
- Which campaign types drive the most revenue. Welcome series, birthday promotions…?
- Which targeting is most commonly used? Behavioural? Demographic? Contextual?
- What metrics are used to determine campaign success
- And much more!