In 2017, the owners of the “Kiev Square” included Velozavodskoi Market to their property list. Throughout the history, the market changed the owner several times. And until now many companies want to acquire the market thanks to the attractive location and a well-deserved reputation. Let’s figure out the prospects and the possibility of investing in mass trading on the example of the Velozavodskoi Market.
History of the Velozavodskoi Market
- 1932 – the Velozavodskoi Market was built and became one of the oldest in Moscow. The name of the market corresponds to the location in the area where the first bicycle assembly plant in Moscow used to be.
- 1973 – the market building was renewed, but it went out of operation soon.
- 2014 – VTB Bank owned the Velozavodskoi Market according to the program of privatization.
- 2016 – representatives of VTB tried to sell the Velozavodskoi Market shares at open tenders, but this deal was unsuccessful. Experts are sure, the price of the shares was unjustifiably overstated.
- 2017 – VTB Group sold all the Velozavodskoi Market shares for 712 million rubles to the owners of the Kievskaya Square Organization. No wonder the capital reconstruction of the market, equipping the construction with high-quality and long-term materials began the same year.
The market is located at approximately the same distance between Avtozavodskaya and Dubrovka metro stations near the Third Transport Ring. This location makes it possible to reach the market from different points of Moscow in a short time.
Innovations in the Velozavodskoi Market
Sales – exclusively on the shelves
Previously, the vendors could sell the goods in a variety of ways, including self-made breakdowns. Now, following the new rules, the sale process will be exclusively from equipped counters.
Modernization of the counters
Thanks to the built-in ventilation and the local cooling system of products the temperature of the counters varies from +5 to +10 degrees so that the products will be stored longer. This is especially important for counters with greens, meat, and vegetables when the storage temperature is an indispensable factor for preserving the freshness and quality of the products.
Updated design of the market
In the concept of the market – the introduction of traditional design and style. This means that the whole area with a food court and parking has the same style.
The whole concept of the market corresponds to the world standards of safe storage and product quality. All products will pass quality control before they arrive on the counters so that consumers can be calm.
The main advantage of the Velozavodsky market will be the control of prices for all products of the market. This means that buyers no longer have to sacrifice quality to buy affordable products.
The range of Goods in the Velozavodskoi Food Market:
- Fish and seafood,
- Bakery products,
- Semi-finished products,
- Macaroni and cereals,
- Canned goods,
- Vegetables and green grocery,
- Products for children,
- Household chemicals,
- Packing stuff.
The opening of the modernized Velozavodskoi Market is scheduled for February 20-28, 2018.
As you can see, the food market project can be attractive for investors if it is reasonable to approach it. Are you thinking about investing in retail space? Then follow developments in the business and stock market of the Velozavodskoi Market.